The Cost Accounting section is responsible for the establishment of Institute Facilities & Administrative (Indirect cost) Rates, Fringe Benefits rates, Service Center charge rates, management of audits of sponsored programs, and related financial reporting. Major functions include:
- Preparation of the annual experienced and projected Institute Facilities & Administrative (Indirect cost) rates and Fringe Benefits rates cost studies and reports.
- Negotiate Institute Facilities & Administrative (Indirect cost) rates, Fringe Benefits rates, and service center charge rates.
- Prepare Service Center Rate studies for campus units.
- Manage Federal and State sponsored program direct, indirect and system audits and responses.
- Prepare Georgia Institute of Technology and GTRC cost accounting disclosures.
- Develop and implement required new procedures to accommodate the changes in accounting regulations to comply with OMB 2 CFR 200, Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards.