The Cost Accounting section is responsible for the establishment of Institute Facilities & Administrative (Indirect cost) Rates, Fringe Benefits rates, Service Center charge rates, management of audits of sponsored programs, and related financial reporting. Major functions include:
1. Preparation of the annual experienced and projected Institute Facilities & Administrative (Indirect cost) rates and Fringe Benefits rates cost studies and reports.
2. Negotiate Institute Facilities & Administrative (Indirect cost) rates, Fringe Benefits rates, and service center charge rates.
3. Prepare Service Center Rate studies for campus units.
4. Manage Federal and State sponsored program direct, indirect and system audits and responses.
5. Prepare Georgia Institute of Technology and GTRC cost accounting disclosures.
6. Develop and implement required new procedures to accommodate the changes in accounting regulations to comply with OMB 2 CFR 200, Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards.