1. How are new sponsored projects established?
See G&C Policy 3.8 Project Set Up
2. What is the Grants Management (GM) System and how is it used?
See Grants Management for Campus Administrators
3. How do I account for Cost Share (Matching) amounts related to sponsored projects?
See Cost Share FAQ
Additional guidance Managing Cost Share Projects Cost Share Accounting Notice – Dec. 2011
Additional guidance Cost Share Certification
Additional information in Cost Share Requirements and Certification Form
4. How do I account for the Participant Support component of a sponsored award?
See G&C Policy 3.18 Establishing Sponsored Sub-Project Numbers
Also G&C Policy 3.12.4 Processing Participant Support Stipends or Subsistence Allowances
5. What is the Georgia Tech policy governing cost transfers?
See G&C Policy 3.6 Cost Transfer Requests
6. What is the Electronic Cost Transfer (ECT) System?
See ECT System Abstract and Description And the Electronic Cost Transfers for Campus Administrators
10. What is the NSF Salary Limitation (A.K.A. the 2/9ths rule)?
See NSF Salary Limitation
11. What are the rules governing fixed price awards?
See Cost Share Certification
1. What is the difference between Direct and Indirect (F&A “Facilities and Administrative”) Costs?
See Direct & Indirect Charges to Sponsored Projects
2. How are F&A Rates determined?
See Explanation of Facilities and Administrative Costs
3. What are the current F&A, Fringe Benefits, and Graduate Student Tuition Remission rates? See Published FA Rates
4. What benefit costs are included in the Georgia Tech Fringe Benefits rate and how is this rate developed?
6. What is a Service Center and how do I establish a Service Center or Recharge Center?
See G&C Policy 3.14 Cost/Service Centers
7. How do I get additional guidance and training related to cost accounting standards and rate studies/development and reporting? Contact Grants and Contracts Accounting at firstname.lastname@example.org or reference the G&C Training Schedule